Sand fly identification at WRBU is organized by US Department of Defense Unified Command Areas of Responsibility, CENTCOM, EUCOM, NORTHCOM, PACOM, and SOUTHCOM.
- Locate Keys to genera, subgenera, and species, by stage: choose area of responsibility or alphabetical list.
- Examine sand fly morphology, basic and advanced. [Under construction]
MEDICALLY IMPORTANT SAND FLIES
- Review medically important sand fly species: Author reference, type, distribution, synonyms, bionomics, medical importance, links to additional reference PDFs; habitus and detail photographs.
SAND FLY GENERA
- Review the fundamental distinguishing characters among genera.
SAND FLY LITERATURE
- Access to thousands of relevant publications, in pdf format, including an indexed listing.
SAND FLY CATALOG
- Online Systematic Catalog of Phlebotominae